Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cold Economy...Warm Hearts

Christmas Time is here again. I love Christmas! I love the decorations, the excitement and warmth of the season.

With the economy in such a slump, I suppose folks are worried that it might not be a "good Christmas" this year. I consider it might be the best Christmas we've had a a long time. Perhaps we will go back to baking cookies and cakes as gifts, or creating with our hands beautiful home made items. What if we actually get back to what Christmas symbolizes? A new birth of hope, joy and peace...goodwill toward men. A celebration of the Birth of the King of Kings...Dear Jesus. Maybe we can get back to community togetherness, and go door to door caroling . We can get with our friends and family...and share stories of Christmases gone by...while sipping on some hot wassil. Maybe we can get to that church service or Midnight Mass. We could pray and be thankful for the blessings we do have. Perhaps God is telling us it's time to simplify our lives. We've grown to big and far too greedy. How did Christmas become so materialistic? I don't fear Christmas this year...I welcome it. I am ready to downsize...I am ready to get back to the Reason for the Season. I think we are far more blessed by this economic bust than we realize and we can turn it into the warmest and most meaningful Christmas we've had in about 100 years.....Musology

No comments: